What is it about?
Scrum is a framework for developing, delivering and sustaining complex products through effective team collaboration.
Scrum has been used to develop software, hardware, autonomous vehicles, schools, government, marketing, managing the operation of organizations and almost everything we use in our daily lives, as individuals and societies.
A Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum – as defined in The Scrum Guide – by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values.
Our two-day course addresses the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master.
Training and certification are based on The Scrum Guide, developed by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland.
What is included?
- Digital accredited course material
- Scrum Master digital Manual
- Sample exam paper and answer sets
- 2 days training
- Examination fees
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
How will I be examined?
Exam: Multiple choice, 40-minute, closed book exam. Delegates must obtain 74% (37 out of the 50 available marks).
Exams can either be conducted as:
Classroom – online or paper based
Your premises – invigilated online by one of our invigilators
Exams are conducted during the training courses.
What does the course cover?
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework -the theory, practices, roles, rules and values -as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand -in detail -the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
What’s in it for me?
- think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- learn the role of Scrum Master, enabling you to lead a Scrum Team and drive the adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development.
How is the course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led on Zoom (requires laptop and stable internet connection)
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an intensive 2-day course.
Based on demand, training is run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.