PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Course
What is it about?
PRINCE2 (projects in a controlled environment) is a structured project management method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way. Good projects, which deliver quality results, on-time and within budget are dependent on the capability of people involved from Project Board down to individual members.
Candidates need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method and exhibit the competence required for the Foundation and Practitioner certifications, and show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
How is the course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led Zoom (requires laptop and stable internet connection)
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an Intensive 4-day course:
- Foundation – 3 days
- Practitioner – 1 days
Based on demand, trainings run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.
What is included?
- Digital accredited course material
- PRINCE2 6th edition e-Book (hardcopy available upon request, at an additional fee)
- “PRINCE2 in a Nutshell” handout that explains the Principles, Themes and Processes in a student friendly manner
- Index tabs to assist in labeling your manual
- Two Foundation sample exam paper and answer sets
- Two full Practitioner sample exam paper, answer and rationale sets
- 4 days training
- Examination fees
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
What’s in it for me?
- Initiate, plan and deliver well defined projects using the PRINCE2 methodology.
- Show an understanding between processes, components, techniques and PRINCE2 products and the reasoning behind these.
- Demonstrate ability to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.
What does the course cover?
- The Seven Principles
- The Seven Themes
- Product Based Planning
- Quality Review Meeting
- Process Based Approach
- Project Governance
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to the Project Environment
- Product Outlines and
- A review of the Principles, Themes, Processes and Techniques of the PRINCE2 method, consolidating understanding and addressing any areas of concern that may arise.
How will I be examined?
- Foundation Exam: Multiple choice, one-hour, closed book exam. Delegates must obtain 55% ( 33 out of 60 available marks)
- Practitioner Exam: Objective Test Exam (OTE), two and a half hour, multiple choice open-book exam. Delegates must obtain 55% (38 out of 68 available marks)
- Booking my exam: The online exams are booked by the delegates themselves through their Peoplecert portal. These exams will be proctored by Peoplecert directly.
“The slides for foundation and practitioner are very helpful in exam preparation. Overall the course delivery is good.”
PRINCE2 – Comfort Tapiwa Chamaonde – virtual class September 2020