MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) Foundation & Practitioner
What is it about?
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) represents proven programme management good practice in the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management.
This programme management course aims to give delegates sufficient knowledge and experience in the principles and processes of programme management to act as a Programme Manager for a programme or as a member of a programme support office.
The concept of a programme is that it should deliver more than the ‘sum of its parts’. In other words, without programme management, the projects would probably still be able to deliver their particular outcomes but these would not be co-ordinated or integrated into the achievement of a strategic business goal.
How is the Course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led on Zoom (requires laptop and stable internet connection)
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an intensive 4-day course:
- Foundation – 2 days
- Practitioner – 2 days
Based on demand, training is run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.
What is included?
- Digital accredited course material
- MSP e-Book (hardcopy available upon request)
- “MSP in a Nutshell” handout that explains the Principles, Themes and Processes in a student friendly manner
- Two Foundation sample exam paper and answer sets
- Two full Practitioner sample exam paper, answer and rationale sets
- 4 days training
- Examination fees
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
What’s in it for me?
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Set up and manage programmes
- Describe and apply programme processes
- Deliver strategies through programmes
- Monitor the objectives and benefits of a programme
What does the course cover?
This programme management course follows the syllabus set down by the APM Group, including:
- Governance Themes
- Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Quality Management
- Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
How will I be examined?
- Foundation Exam: Multiple choice, one-hour, closed book exam. Delegates must obtain 50% (38 out of the 75 available marks).
- Practitioner Exam: Objective Test Exam (OTE), two and a half hour, multiple choice open-book exam. Delegates must obtain 50% 40 out of the 80 available marks).
“I especially liked the practical application and guidance on exams.”
MSP – Nwabisa Mabona