Essential Tools and Techniques in Project Management Course
What is it about?
Competent Project Managers require to be equipped with the knowledge and skills to plan, monitor and control scope, risk, quality, budgets and schedules of their projects.
This course is designed for project teams requiring the essentials to be successful within any industry and meet the business objectives.
This Project Management course is based on the best practice PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
How is the course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led on Zoom (requires laptop, with access to Microsoft Word and a stable internet connection
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an intensive 3-day course.
Based on demand, training is run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.
What is included?
- Course manual
- Class Test
- 3 days training
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
How will I be examined?
- Multiple choice, 40-minute, open book exam. Delegates must obtain 50% (10 out of the 20 available marks
- On successful completion delegates receive a PM Academy competence certificate.
What does the course cover?
- Projects, project management and operational environments
- Project management methodologies
- The project management body of knowledge (PMBoK®), process groups and knowledge areas
- Delivering strategy through portfolios, programmes and projects
- The business case
- Managing through the project life-cycle
- Project organizational structures roles and responsibilities
- Practical group and individual exercises to demonstrate the value of project management tools and techniques; including Business Case, WBS – Work Breakdown Structure (Decomposition, Costing and Responsibility Matrix), Project Charter, Scheduling, Stakeholder / Communications Registers and Risk Register
What’s in it for me?
- Distinguish between a portfolio, programme, project and operations
- Explain and describe essential project management terminology
- Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Understand the process of Project Management and the triple Constraints
- Understand the importance of organizational structures, roles and responsibility
- Understand the ten knowledge areas, five process groups of the PMBOK® Guide and how to effectively apply them
- Manage and explain the activities to effectively plan, execute and manage projects
“I especially liked the interactions and the videos. The class was not boring, it was interesting and had great content.”
Edwin Kooletile – August 2021 (Virtual)