Green Project Management® Course
What is it about?
The GPM-b certification is the first project management credential for individuals demonstrating knowledge in delivering projects using sustainable methods. The GPM-b certification is delivered through the PRiSM (PRojects integrating Sustainable Methods) Practitioner course.
PRiSM brings change (projects) into a more strategic focus and leverages, our P5 Standard for Sustainability in Project Management, organizational and project level risk, from an environmental, social and economic perspective.
PRiSM is a sustainability-centered, process-based, structured project methodology for managing change throughout the project life cycle. The methodology highlights areas of sustainability and integrates them into the traditional core project phases to reduce negative environmental and social impacts in all project types using the award winning GPM (Green Project Management) P5 Standard.
- Accredited course material
- The GPM Reference Guide to Sustainability in Project Management
- The P5 Standard
- PM Templates
- GPM-b Practice Exams
- International examination
The project management course is delivered with a blend of classroom training interventions and practical syndicate and individual sessions. All our facilitators are accredited project management facilitators.
- Sustainability as a Differentiator
- Reporting Frameworks
- Positioning you as a change agent with the know-how to apply sustainable methods to projects.
- Improve your career opportunities and earning potential with an internationally recognized certification in one of the fastest growing focus areas.
- Define P5, the five bottom lines of sustainability and project management.
- Understand how to develop a sustainability management plan
What can I expect?
This project management course includes the following:
- Sustainability drivers
- Systems thinking
- Ethics, values, and principles
- Governance, Portfolio, and Program Management
- Organizational capacity for change
- Business case benefits and value management
- Requirements management
- Lifecycles and PRiSM™
- The GPM® P5™ Standard for Sustainability in PM
- Project controls
- Issue and Risk Management
- Organizational structures and roles
- Project sponsorship
- Stakeholder engagement
- Performance and Quality
- Information Management and Reporting
- Situational Leadership and Communication
- Conflict and Negotiation
What’s in it for me?
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define what Sustainability in Project Management or “Green Project Management“ is
- Define the differences between a green project and standard project management
- Understand the sustainability integrators to PMI PMBOK® Knowledge Areas.
- Sustainability and Project Governance
- The PRiSM Methodology
How and when can I attend?
This is an intensive five-day course leading to the GPM-b™ certification examination, which takes place on the final day.
To earn the Green Project Manager level B (GPM-b™) credential, candidates must pass the 150 multiple choice question examination with a minimum passing score of 75%.